(CAUTION! This is not being updated to be compatible with recent GNOME releases.)
Frost is a GNOME-Shell theme based on the popular theme Minty
created by ~satya164
. It has been adapted to fit better with the default gtk-theme Adwaita. The changes made are:
- Color scheme
- Transition durations lowered to make it snappier
- Workspace switcher design
- Running applications indicator and switches are from the default GNOME-Shell theme.
- The top panel is no longer transparent
It is compatible with the latest Gnome Shell 3.2.
Installation Instructions (~satya164
Extract the zip file to the themes directory i.e. "~/.themes/" or "/usr/share/themes/" or use Gnome Tweak Tool to install.
Install the User Theme Extension and use the Gnome Tweak tool to choose the themes.
To install the Gnome Shell theme without the User Theme Extension,
1. First backup your Gnome Shell theme directory i.e. "/usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/".
2. Extract the zip file and rename "gnome-shell" directory to "theme",
3. Copy it to "/usr/share/gnome-shell/".
4. Restart GNOME Shell by pressing "Alt+F2", then type r and press Enter.
To install Gnome Tweak Tool in Ubuntu, open the terminal and type,
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool
This theme is not compatible with old Gnome Shell 3.0 (e.g.-Fedora 15). I'm not responsible if you try to use it on old Gnome Shell and things break.